21 October 2008

It's a California Thing...

I know, I know, what's with me and UCLA? Well, you have to go back almost 20 years now to when I first purchased my season tickets at the Rose Bowl to watch my "favorite" Southern California team UCLA play football. I also was a student at UCLA. I am an Angelino and native Californian who has re-located to Virginia. While I can't say it has been the easiest transition, I shudder at the thought we've been here seven years, I do have to say I love the open spaces, the quick commute to work and did I say the open spaces and the countryside. Other than that, I cannot say the food is great(I thought Southern cooking was supposed to be great), or the people open and friendly or that anything gets done in a timely manner. So, why did I leave California again? Oh, to get out of the long commute times, the bumper-to-bumper traffic, the taxes...more later.
UCLA 2008 Schedule


2008 Recordto Date: 3-4
Sept. 1 Tennessee W 27-24 OT

Sept. 6 OPEN DATE

Sept. 13 at BYU L 59-0

Sept. 20 Arizona L 31-10

Sept. 27 Fresno State L 36-31

Oct. 4 Washington State W 28-3

Oct. 11 at Oregon L 31-24

Oct. 18 Stanford W 23-20

Oct. 25 at California

Nov. 1 OPEN DATE

Nov. 8 Oregon State

Nov. 15 at Washington

Nov. 22 OPEN DATE

Nov. 28 at Arizona State

Dec. 6 USC

No comments: